About The Project
MacLean has taken an initiative towards designing a battery powered fleet to meet the growing need of the mining industry for cost containment and creation of a friendlier environment for underground miners. The Mine-Mate EV Series is currently in commercial production since 2016 and customers are looking for opportunities to expand the range and duty cycles of this equipment. MEDATECH proposed an optional retrofit to their Mine-Mate Series BT2 & BT3-Boom Trucks to increase the charging capacity of these vehicles using MEDATECH’s proprietary 25kW on-board charging solution.
- The reliable, high-capacity and high speed Mine-Mate Series BT2 & BT3-Boom Trucks demanded an equally scalable on-board electronics.
- Such high power charger can be said to be successful only if they perform optimally in the challenging mining environment, ensure safety of the miners and provide best charging performance.
- It was needed to procure UL/CSA certificate and attain 25 kW with an input voltage of 575VAC and output voltage of 750VDC.
- The Boom Trucks are implemented in a mining environment where charging infrastructure is difficult to install and manage.
- MEDATECH scaled up its 25 kW on-board charger, which is a first of its kind to attain the expected power sufficient enough to propel the robust Mine-Mate Series BT2 & BT3-Boom Trucks.
- Integrating the four 25 kW charger, MEDATECH was able to deliver 100 kW of on-board charging power.
- MEDATECH delivered the most power dense charger in its class assisting MacLean to achieve 100 kW of on-board charging power with best space utilization.
- The ALTDRIVE 25 kW charger is the most power dense charger available in the market which can be conveniently scaled up to achieve charging from 25kW to 300kW.
- For each charger, the space requirement has phenomenally decreased by 20% compared to its predecessor and cumulatively, these chargers are capable of making the mining equipment more efficient due to lower work/charge times.
- Using such state of the art technologies, MEDATECH ensures that all the needs of an OEM are met on a timely basis.
In 2005, Ontario Power Generation contracted MEDATECH to make major repairs to a recently commissioned nuclear waste transporter. The transporter’s hydraulic steering and braking system as well as the steering linkage had failed with minimal hours of operation. MEDATECH was commissioned by OPG to redesign and rebuild the steering and braking system.Read More