As a leading engineering firm, MEDATECH strives to be your employer of choice. Our team supports a wide variety of industries from around the world and tackles large, technically challenging projects. Our clients value our talents and abilities, and know that we can deliver the results they are looking for. As a member of the MEDATECH team, you will be a part of a dynamic group of individuals who enjoy working in an innovative environment.
Located in Collingwood, Ontario, MEDATECH is situated in Ontario’s well-known four seasons play ground. Those who are fortunate to live, work and play in the region have access to a multitude of year-round activities.
WE ARE HIRING!
CONTROLS SYSTEM ENGINEER / TECHNICIAN
- Specifications development, systems analysis, modeling, simulation and implementation (applications include heavy-duty and hybrid or Electric vehicles as well as renewable energy and energy storage systems)
- Working on multiple applications within project constraints, including scope and timing to deliver excellent quality engineering work according to client
Position Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or systems engineering with focus on control systems development or equivalent technical degree.
- Entry level or Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing embedded controls systems
- Good background in two or more of the following areas:
- Model-based controls development with rapid prototyping tools such as MATLAB/Simulink/SF.
- Software development process knowledge e.g., requirements capture, architecture development, software design, implementation and verification / validation testing
- Model-in-the-Loop, Hardware-in-the-Loop or Software-in-the-Loop simulation, testing, and validation of control strategies
- Systems engineering
- Experience with two or more of the following areas:
- Hybrid / electric vehicle systems
- Energy storage systems, battery management systems
- Electric motor operation and control
- Vehicle dynamics simulation and control
- Active safety systems
- Spark ignited engine, compression engine, boosted engine, fuel injection equipment
- Various types of automatic transmissions, shift and clutch control
The right candidate would demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and listening skills
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and debugging control systems on vehicles or powertrains is a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrix organization
If you are interested in joining the MEDATECH team, please contact us today.