SAFETY MEETS PRODUCTIVITY
THE HYDRAULIC ROBOTIC PIPE HANDLER.
As of January 2021, The Borterra RodBot™ is being used as part of a hybrid water hammer/sonic drill rig for embankment dam drilling in Alabama.
See how MRL (Mechanized Rod Loading) can make a difference in your organization. Start the conversation.
Built to load/unload drill rod and casing
Introducing hydraulic robotic rod handling. The Borterra RodBot™ can be adapted for virtually any piece of drilling equipment.
RodBot eliminates manual rod handling, a leading cause of on-the-job injury, and greatly accelerates production times.
Borterra has been developing unique drilling solutions for over 10 years. You’ll find our drill rigs and associated equipment in mining, construction, oil & gas and other drilling applications across North America.
Safety meets productivity
RodBot handles 20-foot sections of pipe, quickly. Set the drill rod position once, then hit ‘repeat’. Just one operator is required.
Switch between 3 modes:
- Full manual control
- Tip control: computer-assisted manual control
- Semi-automatic control: RodBot™ moves along a path set by the operator
RodBot eliminates hand-bombing entirely, keeping workers out of harm’s way.
RodBot makes both new and existing equipment highly efficient. Choose from wired or wireless controls. Borterra can supply electric/electronic customization and integration, as required.
A true partner
Borterra develops, services and upgrades the drilling solutions our customers need. Want a partner for life? That’s our goal.
Mechanical Specifications (RodBot™)
- Weight = 5,600 Lbs (2,540 Kg) [payload and mounting base excluded]
- Max height (above mounting base) = 15 ft (5 m) • Min height (below mounting base) = 4 ft (1.2 m)
- Max radial reach = 15 ft (5 m)
- Max payload = 800 Lbs (360 Kg)
- Arm base rotation = up to 330°
- Pipe clamp rotation = up to 330°
- Pipe diameter range = 3.5–7.0” (standard) other ranges available upon request
- Arm has 5 degrees of freedom
- Mounting base dimensions = 36” x 36” (custom mounting available)
- Option #1: Borterra supplies an engineered mounting solution to meet your needs
- Option #2: Borterra supplies required information for customer to mount it themselves
Hydraulic/Electric Requirements (RodBot™)
- Hydraulic pressure = 3,500 PSI (240 bar) [max]
- Hydraulic flow = 35 gpm (132 l/min) [max]
- Hydraulic Input Power = 40 – 75 Hp (30 – 55 kW)
- 12 or 24V Control System
- Option #1: Borterra supplies a dedicated hydraulic powerpack (diesel, gas or electric).
- Option #2: Borterra helps integrate the existing hydraulic system
- Option #3: Borterra supplies required information for the customer to do their own
Start the Conversation
To learn more about how MEDATech can make a difference in your organization using hands-free rod handling technology, give us a call or send us an email to start the conversation. Call us 1-705-443-8440.